Business Development - US Spine Market
A recent study published by the FDA illustrated that the number of FDA 510(k)-cleared additively manufactured medical devices has increased significantly from 2010-2020. Almost 70% of those devices are made through titanium 3D printing, which is exactly what we are good at at Amnovis.
Amnovis is FDA registered, has an FDA Master File and is already producing FDA cleared 3D printed titanium implants. And in order to grow our business in the spinal and orthopedic market in the US, we are now looking for a US based Business Developer to join our team.
What are your responsibilities?
- Develop, implement and drive sales strategies and actions to expand the US Spine business
- Prospect, identify and evaluate new business opportunities with new and existing customers in the US
- Build new and expand existing client relationships across multiple functions with key decision makers at C-suite and operational level
- Build long-term customer relationships and strategic business partnerships in order to support clients through their journey from idea to 3D printed implant. Identify customer needs, respond to inquiries and propose creative solutions in a timely manner
- Establish and manage a pipeline of opportunities in order to achieve sales targets
- Manage the full sales process for opportunities from lead identification to contracting with accurate follow-up in the CRM system
- Expand your network in the spine and orthopedic market by going to trade shows, playing an active role in different networking associations, and by being active on social media
- In addition to an external network, you also build your internal network within the organization with Amnovis engineers, sales colleagues, marketing… We do sales together, with you in the lead!
- Eventually you become one of the driving forces behind Amnovis US
Who are we looking for?
- You are based in the US and have a US passport
- You have a master’s degree in engineering, which you combine with at least 5 years of field experience, commercial flair and common sense
- You have a proven track record developing mid-level and senior customer contacts
- 3D printed medical devices is your passion and you’re able to talk on a more technical level as well. High level knowledge on 3D printing, medical device development and FDA 510(k) submissions of implantable devices is a big plus
- You have the ability to engage with clients across different activities that are crucial for the customer to bring the product to the market: from engineering, regulatory, quality control, validation, to procurement
- You have a healthy dose of self-confidence; you not only know how to convey the message smoothly, but above all you listen actively to customers, partners and colleagues, showing patience and keeping an eye on long-term solutions and partnership
- You have the ability to influence others both internally and externally
- You feel comfortable working with different tools and systems. An accurate follow-up in the CRM system is key for you!
- You communicate and report clearly and bring up any concerns in due time
- You are willing to travel up to 20% of the time (mostly in the US, but potentially also to the Amnovis headquarters in Belgium)
- You have a good network in the US spinal and/or orthopedic market, or you have the ability to quickly build up a network in this industry
- The ability to initially start working for Amnovis as a (part-time) contractor could be jump-start for this role
There are several good reasons to join us
- We are a team of no-nonsense entrepreneurs
- We are second to none in titanium 3D printing of medical devices
- We do cool stuff in R&D like multi-metal 3D printing
- We are a start-up with a lot of growth potential
Ready to join us?
A true 'Amnovicus' can be recognized by the following qualities:
Act with Integrity
We say what we do and we do what we say, and we do what is right.
We create and control situations, rather than responding to them.
Commit to Quality
We don't compromise the standards we set, no matter what.
We look at everything in terms of opportunities, not problems.